When the kid of the opposite table cries solely for the sake of attention at the top of his lungs, thumping his small feet on the ground that creates a mini tremble of the earth on my side and that made me want to go over to strangle the mother of that child of allowing this to disturb the peace of my dinner, I know that I am suffering from pre-menstrual syndrome.
Usually, without the syndrome, the tremble of the earth is richter scale 0.0001 and the urge of strangling will not be as strong.
Devil’s modus operandi to irritate me is predictable:
1) Children with no proper manners and respect for general public and parents with no intention of disciplining them.
2) Sudden realisation of an assignment due soon and I have made plans to go for a nice meal.
3) Clutches of the past and a question of worth.
4) Sudden urge to own a designer label, yet realising I do not have the means.
5) Public transport liken to a can of sardines.
6) Discovery of layers of dust on my bookshelves that has been there for ages.
And the list goes on. Haha, it is amusing to be of high self-awareness, yet unable to exercise self-control at times like these.
Premenstrual Syndrome: PMS is a disorder characterized by a set of hormonal changes that trigger disruptive symptoms in a significant number of women for up to two weeks prior to menstruation. (http://usdoctor.com/pms.htm)
It is a disorder, therefore, it can be healed. It has actually gotten better through the years and my closed ones are thankful for the reduction in outbursts from me.